MADISON, Wis. - An event at Kids Express Learning Center on Monday will celebrate Dr. Seuss' birthday and national Read Across America Day, according to a release.
The event, sponsored by the National Education Association, is a reading motivational and awareness program that invites children and families to celebrate reading, organizers said.
"Engaging young children with quality books sets the stage for creating reading magic," Dr. Sandra Dahl, owner and director of KELC, said in the release. "It is the first step in building a lifelong interest in reading. Reading aloud to children changes their lives and has a very positive impact on their future achievement."
Local celebrities, community service personnel and parents have been invited to join KELC teachers in promoting reading at the event. Bucky Badger will be at the event including Lt. Gov. Rebecca Kleefisch, Olympic gold medalist Casey Fitzrandolph, interim Madison Police Chief Randy Gaber, Matt Lepay and other local celebrities.
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Stoughton man faces felony 7th OWI
- Highway 151 reopens near Blue Mounds after semi vs. car crash
- Police: Family member found elderly woman dead in garage with head wound