TOWN OF RUTLAND, Wis. - An Evansville woman killed in a Monday crash is identified as 32-year-old Jessica Frank, according to the Dane County Medical Examiner's Office.
Frank was killed and another woman from Evansville was seriously injured after a traffic crash on Highway 14 in Rutland Township at 7:08 a.m Monday.
The Dane County Sheriff's Office said a car driven by Frank was traveling south on Highway 14 when she drove onto the shoulder, over-corrected, crossed the centerline and hit an oncoming SUV.
The car rolled over and pinned Frank inside. She was not wearing her seat belt and had to be extricated, according to deputies.
A 42-year-old woman driving the SUV was also extricated. She was wearing a seat belt.
Both women were taken to University of Wisconsin Hospital where Frank was pronounced dead. The other woman was admitted with serious injuries.
Highway 14 remained closed between County Road A and Highway 92 until about 11:30 a.m.18590724
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral
- Ryan meets in Janesville with police chiefs from across US