ONALASKA, Wis. - Western Wisconsin police are investigating the death of a 23-year-old woman found in a ditch.
Neala Frye was found Sunday night after a daylong search in Onalaska.
Police said they don't suspect foul play and alcohol and weather may have played a role. The cause of death hasn't been determined.
The University of Wisconsin-La Crosse student was last seen at a local pub Saturday night, where she and another woman were working a promotional event for a tanning and massage studio.
When Frye failed to show up for work Sunday morning, friends and family began to search for her.
Several of her credit cards were found near railroad tracks near the bar and Onalaska Police Chief Jeff Trotnic said her body was eventually found.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK