ONALASKA, Wis. - Western Wisconsin police are investigating the death of a 23-year-old woman found in a ditch.
Neala Frye was found Sunday night after a daylong search in Onalaska.
Police said they don't suspect foul play and alcohol and weather may have played a role. The cause of death hasn't been determined.
The University of Wisconsin-La Crosse student was last seen at a local pub Saturday night, where she and another woman were working a promotional event for a tanning and massage studio.
When Frye failed to show up for work Sunday morning, friends and family began to search for her.
Several of her credit cards were found near railroad tracks near the bar and Onalaska Police Chief Jeff Trotnic said her body was eventually found.
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend
- Madison police have video of road rage incident involving a car and bike