ONALASKA, Wis. - Western Wisconsin police are investigating the death of a 23-year-old woman found in a ditch.
Neala Frye was found Sunday night after a daylong search in Onalaska.
Police said they don't suspect foul play and alcohol and weather may have played a role. The cause of death hasn't been determined.
The University of Wisconsin-La Crosse student was last seen at a local pub Saturday night, where she and another woman were working a promotional event for a tanning and massage studio.
When Frye failed to show up for work Sunday morning, friends and family began to search for her.
Several of her credit cards were found near railroad tracks near the bar and Onalaska Police Chief Jeff Trotnic said her body was eventually found.
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash injures 3
- Man arrested on suspicion of 4th OWI
- Former president George H.W. Bush hospitalized
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap