DES MOINES, Iowa - A $1 million Iowa Lottery prize from the Sept. 26 Powerball drawing has gone to a woman from southern Wisconsin.
The Iowa Lottery said Kara Fitters, of Evansville, Wis., claimed her prize Thursday at Iowa Lottery headquarters in Des Moines.
She bought her ticket at a Casey's General Store in Williamsburg, Iowa. The ticket matched five of the six numbers but missed the Powerball number. The numbers were 13, 26, 39, 41, 42 and Powerball 10.
A couple from Bondurant, Iowa, had all six numbers and won the $202.1 million jackpot. Brian and Mary Lohse claimed their prize on Oct. 4, taking the lump-sum payout of $129.8 million.
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program
- East side Walgreens robbed at gunpoint Sunday
- New emergency equipment aids obese patients in Wisconsin
- Facebook CEO Zuckerberg visits Madison Sunday
- Wisconsin, U.S. used flawed hair evidence to convict innocent people