DES MOINES, Iowa - A $1 million Iowa Lottery prize from the Sept. 26 Powerball drawing has gone to a woman from southern Wisconsin.
The Iowa Lottery said Kara Fitters, of Evansville, Wis., claimed her prize Thursday at Iowa Lottery headquarters in Des Moines.
She bought her ticket at a Casey's General Store in Williamsburg, Iowa. The ticket matched five of the six numbers but missed the Powerball number. The numbers were 13, 26, 39, 41, 42 and Powerball 10.
A couple from Bondurant, Iowa, had all six numbers and won the $202.1 million jackpot. Brian and Mary Lohse claimed their prize on Oct. 4, taking the lump-sum payout of $129.8 million.
- Woman accused of stabbing acquaintance turns herself in to police
- Victim tells police man who stabbed him frequently ‘mooches' from him
- Remains of 3 Ohio plane crash victims identified
- 29-year-old man dies from injuries suffered in Beloit fire
- Suspended UW-Madison student wants sex charges dismissed
- Medical center closes while DEA investigates