OSHKOSH, Wis. - An ethanol plant near Oshkosh will be sold to the highest bidder this summer.
The Utica Energy ethanol operation collapsed under more than $30 million in debt. Ascendant Partners, of Colorado, has been hired by the receiver in the case to sell the ethanol plant, grain elevator and grain drying plant as an ongoing operation.
Oshkosh Northwestern Media reported Dougherty Funding, of Minneapolis, Minn., filed foreclosure proceedings against Utica Energy in December 2012. The plant stopped making ethanol in September.
- Pedestrian killed in Walworth County crash
- Thousands participate in Madison March for Science
- Friends, family send off 85 National Guard members
- Body pulled out of Kinnickinnic River in Milwaukee
- Signs go up in Racine marking Frank Lloyd Wright Trail
- DNR: Alcohol may be involved in Lake Wisconsin boat crash