OSHKOSH, Wis. - An ethanol plant near Oshkosh will be sold to the highest bidder this summer.
The Utica Energy ethanol operation collapsed under more than $30 million in debt. Ascendant Partners, of Colorado, has been hired by the receiver in the case to sell the ethanol plant, grain elevator and grain drying plant as an ongoing operation.
Oshkosh Northwestern Media reported Dougherty Funding, of Minneapolis, Minn., filed foreclosure proceedings against Utica Energy in December 2012. The plant stopped making ethanol in September.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land