MADISON, Wis. - Apple announced a new iOS operating system for iPads and iPhones, and a big part of it is a new platform that a local company has been working with.
HealthKit is a suite of new tools to integrate your health data into new apps.
Early partners in the venture include Epic Systems, in Verona, and Mayo Clinic.
iOS 8 also includes improved group messaging and easier response to texts or Facebook posts.
Epic Systems is a medical software manufacturer that employs more than 6,500 people in the Madison area.
- Shredfest helps protect more than 1,100 people's identities
- 'Life goes on': Production ends at Oscar Mayer plant
- Vehicles, building hit by bullets in Fitchburg
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed