MADISON, Wis. - Apple announced a new iOS operating system for iPads and iPhones, and a big part of it is a new platform that a local company has been working with.
HealthKit is a suite of new tools to integrate your health data into new apps.
Early partners in the venture include Epic Systems, in Verona, and Mayo Clinic.
iOS 8 also includes improved group messaging and easier response to texts or Facebook posts.
Epic Systems is a medical software manufacturer that employs more than 6,500 people in the Madison area.
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say
- Local musician, drum instructor charged with possession of child porn
- WIAA board approves concussion insurance for student athletes
- Complaint: 14-year-old's father finds sexual assault suspect in closet