MADISON, Wis. - The number of students in the Madison Metropolitan School District is up slightly from the last school year, according to the district's official enrollment counts.
Kindergarten through grade 12 enrollment is 25,107, up slightly from 25,011 in 2012-13.
Four-year-old kindergarten enrollment is also up slightly from 1,914 in 2012-13 to 1,962. Total enrollment, including pre-kindergarten and 4-year-old kindergarten is 27,186.
"As we work hard to launch this new era in MMSD, we're pleased that enrollment in Madison public schools continues to be incredibly stable," said Superintendent Jennifer Cheatham.
Official enrollment counts are conducted on the third Friday in September.
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement