MADISON, Wis. - The number of students in the Madison Metropolitan School District is up slightly from the last school year, according to the district's official enrollment counts.
Kindergarten through grade 12 enrollment is 25,107, up slightly from 25,011 in 2012-13.
Four-year-old kindergarten enrollment is also up slightly from 1,914 in 2012-13 to 1,962. Total enrollment, including pre-kindergarten and 4-year-old kindergarten is 27,186.
"As we work hard to launch this new era in MMSD, we're pleased that enrollment in Madison public schools continues to be incredibly stable," said Superintendent Jennifer Cheatham.
Official enrollment counts are conducted on the third Friday in September.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK