MADISON, Wis. - Three restaurant employees were sprayed with a chemical during a robbery Sunday night, according to a release from Madison police.
The employees told police two masked men carrying handguns entered Burrito Drive at 320 Brearly St. before 10:50 p.m. The men fled out the back door with money from the till as one of them sprayed them, causing burning eyes and mouths. They were treated at the scene.
Police said it's possible the robbers used pepper spray.
The men are described as black, 20 to 29 years old, 5 feet 9 inches to 5 feet 10 inches tall, weighing 160 to 190 pounds and muscular with slender builds. They were wearing dark stocking caps, bandanas over their faces and dark clothing.Madison crime map
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK