MADISON, Wis. - Three restaurant employees were sprayed with a chemical during a robbery Sunday night, according to a release from Madison police.
The employees told police two masked men carrying handguns entered Burrito Drive at 320 Brearly St. before 10:50 p.m. The men fled out the back door with money from the till as one of them sprayed them, causing burning eyes and mouths. They were treated at the scene.
Police said it's possible the robbers used pepper spray.
The men are described as black, 20 to 29 years old, 5 feet 9 inches to 5 feet 10 inches tall, weighing 160 to 190 pounds and muscular with slender builds. They were wearing dark stocking caps, bandanas over their faces and dark clothing.Madison crime map
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement