MADISON, Wis. - Three restaurant employees were sprayed with a chemical during a robbery Sunday night, according to a release from Madison police.
The employees told police two masked men carrying handguns entered Burrito Drive at 320 Brearly St. before 10:50 p.m. The men fled out the back door with money from the till as one of them sprayed them, causing burning eyes and mouths. They were treated at the scene.
Police said it's possible the robbers used pepper spray.
The men are described as black, 20 to 29 years old, 5 feet 9 inches to 5 feet 10 inches tall, weighing 160 to 190 pounds and muscular with slender builds. They were wearing dark stocking caps, bandanas over their faces and dark clothing.Madison crime map
- Wisconsin faces construction worker shortage as home building projects increase
- Prosecutor says no water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Extra patrols added for spring party
- Shirtless female toddler on splash pad sparks debate
- Teacher confesses to sex with student in classroom
- Madison police find bullet in apartment on Russett Road