MADISON, Wis. - Police said a man attempted to rob a consumer loan business on Madison's east side Friday.
The Madison Police Department said a man entered Security Finance at 4688 Cottage Grove Road at 2:15 p.m.
The man demanded money and kept one of his hands in his pocket to make it look like he had a gun, according to the report.
Police said an employee yelled to a manager and the man took off.
The robber was described as black with a light complexion, in his early 20s and 5 feet 10 inches tall, the report said. He was clean shaven and of average build. He wore a a black and gray plaid hooded sweatshirt, black pants, blue and black checkered boxers, black and white Nike shoes and pink gloves.Madison crime map
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- Find of device that looked like military mortar causes scare
- Lawyers for man charged in killing accuse victim's boyfriend
- 3 hospitalized, displaced in near west side fire