MADISON, Wis. - Green Cab unveiled a new golf cart/car hybrid cab over the weekend that is run entirely on electricity.
The cab holds five passengers, can drive on streets with speed limits of 35 miles per hour or less, and is free.
Green Cab employees said the cab lives up to the company's name.
"It's obviously the greenest taxi cab in the town because it's electric so people support that ideas, as well as something that they can access around State Street and the Capitol quite easily," Green Cab Manager Phil Anderson said.
Anderson said the company will likely purchase more electric cars, and that the service will stay free.
The cab will be out Thursdays through Saturdays depending on the weather.
- Witness: Man points gun at kids playing basketball
- License plate left behind at hit-and-run scene IDs driver, police say
- State Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- State dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Madison man claims $50,000 lottery prize
- Consumer Reports: How to ease stress of moving