TOWN OF SUN PRAIRIE, Wis. - Two people escaped a house fire in the town of Sun Prairie early Saturday morning, according to a release.
Around 4:10 a.m. Dane County sheriff's deputies responded to reports of a house fire at 5590 County Road VV, officials said.
Damage was limited to the upstairs bedrooms and the roof area of the house, deputies said. A preliminary investigation indicates an electrical issue caused the fire.
Minor injuries were reported, according to the release. Damage estimates are not known at this time, and the fire remains under investigation.
Fire departments from Sun Prairie, Deer Grove, Marshall Burke and Bristol and emergency medical services from Maple Bluff, Marshall and Cottage Grove responded to the fire, according to the release.
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say
- GOP Legislature calls redistricting ruling 'dangerous'
- Crazylegs run/walk to close many downtown streets Saturday