TOWN OF SUN PRAIRIE, Wis. - Two people escaped a house fire in the town of Sun Prairie early Saturday morning, according to a release.
Around 4:10 a.m. Dane County sheriff's deputies responded to reports of a house fire at 5590 County Road VV, officials said.
Damage was limited to the upstairs bedrooms and the roof area of the house, deputies said. A preliminary investigation indicates an electrical issue caused the fire.
Minor injuries were reported, according to the release. Damage estimates are not known at this time, and the fire remains under investigation.
Fire departments from Sun Prairie, Deer Grove, Marshall Burke and Bristol and emergency medical services from Maple Bluff, Marshall and Cottage Grove responded to the fire, according to the release.
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash injures 3
- Man arrested on suspicion of 4th OWI
- Former president George H.W. Bush hospitalized
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap