MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said a woman is suffering from a broken arm and other non-life-threatening injuries after she was hit by a car at a crosswalk on East Washington Avenue Monday evening.
The incident happened just after 9 p.m. Monday at the corner of East Washington and Blount Street.
According to police, the woman was walking northbound within the marked crosswalk when a 74-year-old Madison man driving a car failed to yield and hit her. Witnesses at the scene told police that other drivers saw the pedestrian and stopped.
The woman was admitted to a local hospital for observation following the crash. The driver faces charges of failing to yield to a pedestrian in a marked crosswalk.
- Man charged in fatal shooting of sheriff's deputy
- PD: Man hit in head, robbed during believed stereo equipment sale
- Wisconsin farmers could be affected by late cabinet pick
- Judge denies motions to dismiss 4 charges against Alec Cook
- MFD: 1 suffers minor injury in rollover crash on John Nolen Drive
- Woman accused of stabbing acquaintance turns herself in to police