MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said a woman is suffering from a broken arm and other non-life-threatening injuries after she was hit by a car at a crosswalk on East Washington Avenue Monday evening.
The incident happened just after 9 p.m. Monday at the corner of East Washington and Blount Street.
According to police, the woman was walking northbound within the marked crosswalk when a 74-year-old Madison man driving a car failed to yield and hit her. Witnesses at the scene told police that other drivers saw the pedestrian and stopped.
The woman was admitted to a local hospital for observation following the crash. The driver faces charges of failing to yield to a pedestrian in a marked crosswalk.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire