MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said a woman is suffering from a broken arm and other non-life-threatening injuries after she was hit by a car at a crosswalk on East Washington Avenue Monday evening.
The incident happened just after 9 p.m. Monday at the corner of East Washington and Blount Street.
According to police, the woman was walking northbound within the marked crosswalk when a 74-year-old Madison man driving a car failed to yield and hit her. Witnesses at the scene told police that other drivers saw the pedestrian and stopped.
The woman was admitted to a local hospital for observation following the crash. The driver faces charges of failing to yield to a pedestrian in a marked crosswalk.
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets