MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said a woman is suffering from a broken arm and other non-life-threatening injuries after she was hit by a car at a crosswalk on East Washington Avenue Monday evening.
The incident happened just after 9 p.m. Monday at the corner of East Washington and Blount Street.
According to police, the woman was walking northbound within the marked crosswalk when a 74-year-old Madison man driving a car failed to yield and hit her. Witnesses at the scene told police that other drivers saw the pedestrian and stopped.
The woman was admitted to a local hospital for observation following the crash. The driver faces charges of failing to yield to a pedestrian in a marked crosswalk.
- Appeal rejected in death of 2 Janesville motorcyclists
- Man accused in deadly wrong-way I-94 wreck not competent, judge says
- Woman inappropriately touched at dance class on UW campus, police say
- Black Hawk Middle School principal resigns
- Man who was high driving school bus sentenced
- Company says it has no plans for a new Wisconsin pipeline