EAU CLAIRE, Wis. - A downtown Eau Claire hotel will be auctioned off next week.
S.B. Hotel Management owns the downtown Ramada Hotel and Convention Center and owes more than $1.6 million to both their lender and Ramada.
The court has appointed another hotel operator to run the hotel until it's sold. Ramada Worldwide sent a letter to the temporary operator, saying it doesn't want the hotel in their chain anymore.
WQOW-TV said the new operators told attorneys they're gathering information on the cost of relaunching the hotel under a new name.
S.B. Hotel Management filed an appeal requesting postponement of the sheriff's auction on Tuesday. But a judge ruled the company would have to pay off its debt to avoid the sheriff's sale.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land