EAU CLAIRE, Wis. - A downtown Eau Claire hotel will be auctioned off next week.
S.B. Hotel Management owns the downtown Ramada Hotel and Convention Center and owes more than $1.6 million to both their lender and Ramada.
The court has appointed another hotel operator to run the hotel until it's sold. Ramada Worldwide sent a letter to the temporary operator, saying it doesn't want the hotel in their chain anymore.
WQOW-TV said the new operators told attorneys they're gathering information on the cost of relaunching the hotel under a new name.
S.B. Hotel Management filed an appeal requesting postponement of the sheriff's auction on Tuesday. But a judge ruled the company would have to pay off its debt to avoid the sheriff's sale.
- Witness: Man points gun at kids playing basketball
- License plate left behind at hit-and-run scene IDs driver, police say
- State Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- State dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Madison man claims $50,000 lottery prize
- Consumer Reports: How to ease stress of moving