MADISON, Wis. - East Towne Mall will have a special anti-bullying Play and Learn program Friday in partnership with United Way of Dane County, according to a release.
Participants will learn to better understand how to be sensitive to other's feelings, show the importance of working together and learn to take responsibility for their actions and their environment, according to the release.
The event was created to help educate youth to strengthen relationships with those they come in contact with and make the world a better place to live in, organizers said.
Activities at the event include circle time, story time and a movement activity to the "Capt. McFinn and Friends" theme song, according to the release.
The two-hour event from 9-11 a.m. is for children 5 and younger, organizers said. School-aged children are invited to sign the Bully-Free Pledge throughout the month of October in Center Court at East Towne Mall.
- UW-Madison suspends fraternity for serving minors
- Papermaker agrees to complete Fox River cleanup
- Wine-and-tapas bar, gastropub open in Dane County airport
- Search of lake for human remains from plane crash ends
- Teenager 'going crazy with a knife' arrested
- PD: Drunk Mt. Horeb man jumps from moving car, runs into side of SUV