MADISON, Wis. - No one was injured early Tuesday morning after a kitchen fire caused approximately $5,000 in damage to a duplex on Madison's east side.
Firefighters were sent to a home in the 1300 block of South Thompson Drive just after midnight Tuesday.
When firefighters arrived, they found that a pan of oil caught fire on a stove top. A firefighter used a fire extinguisher to put out the blaze, while residents of the duplex evacuated the complex.
Firefighters made sure the fire was out and smoke was ventilated out of the home before leaving.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says