MADISON, Wis. - No one was injured early Tuesday morning after a kitchen fire caused approximately $5,000 in damage to a duplex on Madison's east side.
Firefighters were sent to a home in the 1300 block of South Thompson Drive just after midnight Tuesday.
When firefighters arrived, they found that a pan of oil caught fire on a stove top. A firefighter used a fire extinguisher to put out the blaze, while residents of the duplex evacuated the complex.
Firefighters made sure the fire was out and smoke was ventilated out of the home before leaving.
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land
- Victims chase suspected burglars with shovel
- Wisconsin school advocates pushing for more money
- Research indicates correct breast examination techniques are widely misunderstood