MADISON, Wis. - A fire on Madison's east side caused approximately $325,000 in damage to a home and $20,000 in damage to a neighboring home Wednesday afternoon, officials said.
Crews responded to reports of a structure fire around 2 p.m. at 22 La Crescenta Circle, according to a release. Smoke could be seen from more than a mile away.
When crews arrived, they reported a fully involved garage fire that was extending into the single-story home. The wall of a neighboring home was also starting to burn, officials said.
An adult and two children were home at the time of the fire but got out safely, according to a release. Crews searched both homes to make sure everyone had gotten out safely.
The fire is still under investigation.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes