FOND DU LAC, Wis. - Fire officials say a duplex that exploded in Fond du Lac was vacant, but a person next door was injured.
Division chief Troy Haase says the explosion destroyed the back half of the duplex that had just been built and triggered a small fire about 5 a.m. Thursday. Haase told WLUK-TV the injured person was taken to St. Agnes Hospital.
Alliant Energy is on the scene and shut off service to the area.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say