MADISON, Wis. - A west-side duplex sustained damage during a Christmas Day kitchen fire, according to the Madison Fire Department.
Crews were dispatched to 6515 Tottenham Road at 11:15 a.m. Tuesday after neighbors reported hearing a carbon monoxide alarm.
Firefighters said they didn't immediately notice signs of a fire when they arrived but soon noticed smoke-stained windows, which are a sign of possible backdraft, according to firefighters.
Crews said the fire has begun to snuff itself out because the building was closed tightly. The fire was extinguished within minutes.
No was at home at the time of the fire.
The exact cause remains under investigation.
Damage to the home is estimated at $30,000.
- Detectives seek help identifying burglar in surveillance pics
- Bill would limit influence of unions on public project bids
- Dane County inmate who was AWOL 10 days back in custody
- Lawmaker wants Milwaukee County sheriff removed
- State Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- 3 adults, 1 child fall through ice on Sauk County lake