MADISON, Wis. - Rob Greenfield is touring the U.S. for his Goodfluence Tour. He started in San Diego and will end in New York City. He made a stop in his home state Wednesday to make a difference.
Greenfield is known for his do-good attitude and random acts to help inspire the world to become a healthier and happier place. His recent helpful act is dumpster diving for food, showing just how much food is wasted.
Each year about $165 billion, or 50 percent, of food produced is wasted. Since starting this food waste project, Greenfield witnessed a very positive reaction from the nation.
"There are very few people that actually are disappointed," Greenfield said. "The constant reaction is that this is the exact same stuff I'd have bought at the grocery store except better."
Greenfield will continue his tour Thursday in Milwaukee.
- State sues Milwaukee stores over synthetic marijuana
- UW-Madison leadership center to be named after former state governor
- Teacher suspended over documentary returns to work
- 70-year-old Madison man, cops return young tourist's purse full of cash
- Cigarette look-alike cigars likely to get tax increase
- UW Health water aerobics class for deaf people breaks down barriers