NEW GLARUS, Wis. - According to a police report, at 12:30 a.m. last night, a New Glarus man crashed his car while operating under the influence, leading to his arrest, along with injuries to himself and a front seat passenger.
The report said that John E. Vetterli, age 57 of New Glarus, was going eastbound on Kubly Road, when he crossed Argue Road and collided with an embankment and fence.
The vehicle sustained severe front end damage and was towed to the Sheriff's Office Impound. The vehicle was not equipped with airbags.
Vetterli was transported to UW Hospital by New Glarus EMS for treatment of injuries sustained in the crash, police said. He was not wearing a seat belt.
His passenger, Dylan Ray Schulz, age 22 of Belleville, was transported to UW Hospital by a React Helicopter for his injuries. He was also not wearing a seat belt.
The report said Vetterli was arrested for causing the injury by operating while intoxicated and cited for speeding and failure to wear a seat belt. He was released pending court.
- Officials identify two men killed in Sheboygan plane crash
- CANCELED: Wisconsin River slow, no-wake order
- Janesville police take extra precautions after fentanyl found in area
- Forged letter criticizes local police chief
- DNR determines several factors led to Janesville fish kill
- Memorial Day travel expected to hit highest rate since 2005