TOWN OF SPRING GROVE, Wis. - A Brodhead woman was cited for seat belt violations after she and her two unrestrained juvenile passengers were injured in a rear-end crash Wednesday, according to a release.
Green County deputies and emergency crews from Brodhead responded around 7:40 a.m. to a two-vehicle crash with injuries at the intersection of Highway 11 and County Road GG in the town of Spring Grove, officials said.
Kelly J. Wenger, 51, of Brodhead, was stopped at the intersection on Highway 11, indicating a left turn onto County Road GG when she was rear-ended by a vehicle being driven by 80-year-old Marion E. House, of Monroe, according to a release.
House was wearing a seat belt and was taken to a local hospital for injuries she suffered in the crash, deputies said.
Wenger and her two passengers, a 10- and 13-year-old, were not wearing their seat belts and were taken to a hospital for injuries they suffered in the crash, according to the release.
Wenger was cited for failure to fasten a seat belt and two count of operator failure to have passengers wear a seat belt.
- Community supports boy fighting for his life
- Neighborhood initiative aims to diminish crime on Madison's east side
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program