TOWN OF DUNN, Wis. - A 36-year-old was arrested on a fifth-offense operating while intoxicated charge with two minors in the vehicle Monday night, according to a release.
Dane County deputies said a motorist reported seeing a vehicle cross the centerline into oncoming traffic while traveling southbound on Highway 51 in the area of Schneider Road around 4:20 p.m.
A vehicle matching the motorist's description was found in the ditch on Norman Drive near Pike Lane, according to the release. The driver, Marshall Martinez, 36, of the town of Dunn, and his passengers were still in the vehicle.
Deputies said Martinez had a strong odor of intoxicants on his breath and open intoxicants in his vehicle.
Two children, ages 11 and 5, were passengers in the vehicle, according to the release.
Field sobriety tests were given and Martinez was arrested for fifth-offense OWI.
- Driver who nearly strikes state patrol car charged with 4th OWI, trooper says
- Man pulls gun during road rage incident, police say
- Police warn of kidnapping scam
- Driver injured in suspected OWI rollover, deputies say
- King holiday takes on added significance in age of Trump
- Man caught speeding suspected of 4th OWI, deputies say