TOWN OF DUNN, Wis. - A 36-year-old was arrested on a fifth-offense operating while intoxicated charge with two minors in the vehicle Monday night, according to a release.
Dane County deputies said a motorist reported seeing a vehicle cross the centerline into oncoming traffic while traveling southbound on Highway 51 in the area of Schneider Road around 4:20 p.m.
A vehicle matching the motorist's description was found in the ditch on Norman Drive near Pike Lane, according to the release. The driver, Marshall Martinez, 36, of the town of Dunn, and his passengers were still in the vehicle.
Deputies said Martinez had a strong odor of intoxicants on his breath and open intoxicants in his vehicle.
Two children, ages 11 and 5, were passengers in the vehicle, according to the release.
Field sobriety tests were given and Martinez was arrested for fifth-offense OWI.
- Congress considering removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes
- Madison middle school to require student uniforms
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Surveillance video shows burglars breaking into Madison cellphone store
- Officials urge vaccinating horses against mosquito-spread diseases
- Man suffers ‘incapacitating injury' in Grant County crash, deputies say