RUTLAND, Wis. - Authorities have identified the 27-year-old man who died in a crash east of Brooklyn Tuesday morning.
The Dane County Sheriff's Office said deputies responded to a report of an accident on Highway 14 just north of Highway 92 in the town of Rutland at about 10:45 a.m.
A conversion van headed north on Highway 14 crossed the centerline and hit a semi-truck head-on, according to the report. The man driving the van, Jordan C. Boullion of Madison, was pronounced dead at the scene by the Dane County medical examiner.
Phillip Parker, 33, of Baraboo, was driving the semi and sustained minor injuries, the sheriff's office said. Parker was taken to UW Hospital.
Elise Schaffer, sheriff's office spokeswoman, said investigators are not sure if weather was a factor in the accident. A thick, heavy fog covered portions of southern Wisconsin Tuesday, including much of Dane County.
Highway 14 was closed from West Rutland Road to West Holt Road. Traffic was diverted around the intersection.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls