TOWN OF BEAVER DAM, Wis. - A Beaver Dam man was injured Thursday morning when his vehicle drifted over the center line and hit the back of a flatbed trailer, according to a release from the Dodge County Sheriff's Office.
Dodge County sheriff's deputies responded around 9:30 a.m. to a crash on County Road S near South Center Road in the town of Beaver Dam, officials said.
Daniel L. Krueger, 58, of Mayville, was driving a 2016 Mack semitractor with a flatbed trailer east on County Road S when a vehicle driven by 40-year-old Jeffrey Hildebrand drifted over the center line and hit the back wheels of the trailer, according to the release.
Krueger was not injured in the crash, but Hildebrand suffered life-threatening injuries and was flown from the scene to UW Hospital, officials said.
County Road S was closed for almost four hours while the crash was investigated.
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes
- Madison middle school to require student uniforms