MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man was arrested after his car struck two other vehicles and he attempted to drive away, according to Madison police.
Officers were called to the 20 block of East Johnson Street at 1:15 a.m. on Friday for a report of a crash. Police said a car driven by Nathaniel D. Abrams, 59, of Madison, clipped a vehicle, rear-ended another vehicle and struck a building before bouncing back into the street.
Witnesses told police Abrams got out of his car and fell to the ground before getting back behind the wheel and trying to drive away. Police said empty beer cans were found on the floor of his car.
Abrams was taken to a hospital for treatment of minor injuries. He was arrested on suspicion of third-offense operating while intoxicated, operating while revoked and unsafe lane deviation.
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire