MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man was arrested after his car struck two other vehicles and he attempted to drive away, according to Madison police.
Officers were called to the 20 block of East Johnson Street at 1:15 a.m. on Friday for a report of a crash. Police said a car driven by Nathaniel D. Abrams, 59, of Madison, clipped a vehicle, rear-ended another vehicle and struck a building before bouncing back into the street.
Witnesses told police Abrams got out of his car and fell to the ground before getting back behind the wheel and trying to drive away. Police said empty beer cans were found on the floor of his car.
Abrams was taken to a hospital for treatment of minor injuries. He was arrested on suspicion of third-offense operating while intoxicated, operating while revoked and unsafe lane deviation.
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say