MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man was arrested after his car struck two other vehicles and he attempted to drive away, according to Madison police.
Officers were called to the 20 block of East Johnson Street at 1:15 a.m. on Friday for a report of a crash. Police said a car driven by Nathaniel D. Abrams, 59, of Madison, clipped a vehicle, rear-ended another vehicle and struck a building before bouncing back into the street.
Witnesses told police Abrams got out of his car and fell to the ground before getting back behind the wheel and trying to drive away. Police said empty beer cans were found on the floor of his car.
Abrams was taken to a hospital for treatment of minor injuries. He was arrested on suspicion of third-offense operating while intoxicated, operating while revoked and unsafe lane deviation.
- Pickup truck, car fall through ice on 2 Dodge County lakes
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Driver of car going 107 mph suspected of drug use, deputies say
- Car reported missing discovered crashed into condo, police say
- Driver who nearly strikes state patrol car charged with 4th OWI, trooper says