MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man was arrested after his car struck two other vehicles and he attempted to drive away, according to Madison police.
Officers were called to the 20 block of East Johnson Street at 1:15 a.m. on Friday for a report of a crash. Police said a car driven by Nathaniel D. Abrams, 59, of Madison, clipped a vehicle, rear-ended another vehicle and struck a building before bouncing back into the street.
Witnesses told police Abrams got out of his car and fell to the ground before getting back behind the wheel and trying to drive away. Police said empty beer cans were found on the floor of his car.
Abrams was taken to a hospital for treatment of minor injuries. He was arrested on suspicion of third-offense operating while intoxicated, operating while revoked and unsafe lane deviation.
- Surveillance video shows burglars breaking into Madison cellphone store
- Records show little GOP feedback to state education plan
- Lincoln Hills psychologist dismissed
- Kenosha teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Milwaukee-bound man removed from flight for using bathroom before takeoff