WARRENS, Wis. - Two people were injured in a semitrailer crash on Interstate 94 near Warrens in Monroe County Friday around 10:20 p.m., according to a release.
A 2005 Freightliner semitrailer was eastbound when the driver, Allen James Mellichamp, Sr., 38, of Mountville, S.C., lost control of the truck causing it to go over the bridge on Highway EW, officials said.
The load of cement blocks the truck was hauling spilled onto Highway EW, according to the release.
Mellichamp suffered non-life-threatening injuries and was transported to Tomah Memorial Hospital, officials said. Mellichamp's 17-year-old passenger, also from Mountville, S.C., sustained life-threatening injuries and was transported to St. Joseph's Hospital in Marshfield.
The Warrens Police Department, the Monroe County Sheriff's Department, Monroe County Highway Department, Tomah Area Ambulance and Warrens Fire Department assisted the Wisconsin State Patrol with this incident.
- Stoughton woman faces 5th OWI charge
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands
- Town of Janesville man faces 6th OWI
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two