WARRENS, Wis. - Two people were injured in a semitrailer crash on Interstate 94 near Warrens in Monroe County Friday around 10:20 p.m., according to a release.
A 2005 Freightliner semitrailer was eastbound when the driver, Allen James Mellichamp, Sr., 38, of Mountville, S.C., lost control of the truck causing it to go over the bridge on Highway EW, officials said.
The load of cement blocks the truck was hauling spilled onto Highway EW, according to the release.
Mellichamp suffered non-life-threatening injuries and was transported to Tomah Memorial Hospital, officials said. Mellichamp's 17-year-old passenger, also from Mountville, S.C., sustained life-threatening injuries and was transported to St. Joseph's Hospital in Marshfield.
The Warrens Police Department, the Monroe County Sheriff's Department, Monroe County Highway Department, Tomah Area Ambulance and Warrens Fire Department assisted the Wisconsin State Patrol with this incident.
- GOP Legislature calls redistricting ruling 'dangerous'
- Crazylegs run/walk to close many downtown streets Saturday
- Dane County to acquire 130 acres along Yahara River
- 4 juveniles suspected of damaging maliboxes in rural Portage, Pardeeville areas
- 2 on moped injured in downtown Madison crash, officials say
- Baldwin encourages U.S. Dept. of Ag secretary to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers