FULTON TOWNSHIP, Wis. - One person is dead after a head-on crash on Highway 51 south of Edgerton Thursday afternoon, according to police.
The Rock County sheriff's office said a gray Hyundai Elantra was heading south on Highway 51 just north of County Highway M when a silver Volkswagen Golf, traveling northbound, drifted into the southbound lane after failing to negotiate a curve.
Police said the driver of the Hyundai tried to avoid the other vehicle, but was struck partially head-on.
The driver of the Volkswagen, 46-year-old Sonja J. Collins, of Edgerton, was taken to Mercy Hospital in Janesville, where she later died. The driver of the Hyundai was taken to Mercy Hospital with a broken arm and leg, police said.
- Thanks, Fido! Barking dog alerts owners to burglar, police say
- Appeals court hearing arguments in Wisconsin voting cases
- Officials ID teen driver suspected of drug use in fatal wreck
- Court: Milwaukee Co. Sheriff exempt from releasing immigration records
- Uniforms coming to Milwaukee schools
- Messy weather closes schools in southern Wisconsin