TOWN OF CHRISTIANA, Wis. - Highway 12 near Cambridge was shut down Friday morning after a crash involving a semi and a pickup truck that killed one person, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called at 4:30 a.m. to Highway 12 at Rodney Road in the town of Christiana on a report of a two-vehicle crash.
Investigators said a Ford F150 pickup traveling east on Highway 12 crossed into the westbound lane and struck the semi.
The driver of the pickup, 24-year-old Kyle Clay, of Whitewater, was pronounced dead at the scene. The driver of the semi, Michael J. Furbringer, 44, of Elkhorn, was flown to UW Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
The Dane County Medical Examiner said Clay died from injuries he sustained in the crash.
Highway 12 was shut down almost 7 hours, officials said. It was reopened around 11:30 a.m.
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- Mars investigating Skittles said to be intended for cattle
- Man sentenced in heroin overdose death
- Man charged in fatal shooting of sheriff's deputy
- PD: Man hit in head, robbed during believed stereo equipment sale
- Wisconsin farmers could be affected by late cabinet pick