TOWN OF JORDAN, Wis. - Authorities identified the man killed early Friday in a single-vehicle crash.
The Green County Sheriff's Department said Jeremy Kainz, 27, of Monroe, was killed in rural Green County.
Deputies were called to Skinner Hollow Road, approximately .8 mile north of Rothenbuehler Road in the town of Jordan at 6:22 a.m. for a report of a crash. First responders found a Pontiac Grand Am on its roof with a man inside.
Kainz was pronounced dead at the scene, the sheriff's department said.
Deputies said the man was driving north on Skinner Hollow Road when he failed to negotiate a curve, left the road, overturned and came to rest on its roof.
Deputies said the crash occurred late Thursday night or very early Friday morning and that in addition to driving too fast for conditions, alcohol was a contributing factor in the crash.
Kainz was not wearing a seat belt, according to deputies.
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls
- UW study uses video games to help smokers quit
- UW-Madison suspends fraternity for serving minors