TOWN OF ARGYLE, Wis. - A Brodhead man was injured in a suspected drunken driving crash, according to a release from the Lafayette County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called at 2:47 a.m. Sunday to Highway 78 in the town of Argyle on a report of a single-vehicle crash.
Investigators said Matthew J. Obel, 22, was traveling north on Highway 78 when he drifted into the ditch, causing him to lose control of his vehicle and roll several times into a ditch.
Obel was taken to Monroe Hospital for treatment of injuries. He was cited for first-offense operating while intoxicated, operating after suspension, failure to have his vehicle under control and operating left of center.
Argyle Fire, Argyle ambulance and Blanchardville EMS assisted at the scene.
- Study shows Wisconsin poverty rate reached new low in 2015
- Jerry Kramer joins honor flight trip to help Vietnam veterans
- Brat Fest carnival to close early Sunday after late night fights
- Car rolls over into residential home's front lawn
- Janesville police investigate first homicide since 2014
- Fort Atkinson man arrested for sixth OWI