TOWN OF SPRING GROVE, Wis. - Judy A. Cary, 52, from Brodhead, died in a single-vehicle crash Saturday around 4:55 p.m. in the town of Spring Grove, officials said.
Green County sheriff's deputies were notified of a vehicle crash on Pedee Road a half-mile east of Highway G in the town of Spring Grove, according to a release.
Investigations said a 2006 Chevy Impala was heading westbound on Pedee Road when it left the roadway and struck a tree.
The vehicle traveled a short distance and came to rest in a field near a tree line, officials said. Cary, who was the only occupant of the vehicle, was found dead and not wearing a seat belt.
The crash is still under investigation.
This is the seventh fatality in Green County this year, officials said.Pedee Road, a half mile east of Highway G in Green County
- Dane County plans to buy land to make Capital City State Trail safer
- Handful of rat virus cases seen in Wisconsin and Illinois
- Hilldale Mall launches redevelopment of south side
- State unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- Expect traffic delays in downtown Madison for Women's March Saturday
- Police arrest suspected heroin dealers, seize 3 guns, $28K cash