PRIMROSE, Wis. - Officials said a 27-year-old man died in a single-vehicle wreck in the town of Primrose early Saturday.
The Dane County Sheriff's Office said police and paramedics responded to a report of a vehicle on its roof on Highway 92 just south of Mt. Vernon at 5:31 a.m.
A 2005 Ford Ranger pickup truck was headed south on Highway 92 when it failed to negotiate a curve, according to the report. The truck left the roadway, rolled and landed about 50 from the road in a creek area of a farm field.
The driver, Joseph A Stehura, of Madison, was pronounced dead at the scene, the sheriff's office said.
Stehura was not wearing a seat belt at the time of the crash and the airbags did not deploy, the report said. Highway 92 was closed from Spring Rose Road to Erfurth Road from about 6:30 to 10 a.m.
Officials said speed and alcohol appeared to be factors in the crash.
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Stoughton man faces felony 7th OWI
- Highway 151 closed near Blue Mounds due to semi vs. car crash
- Police, medical examiner respond to suspicious death
- Construction continues on Capitol Square; new traffic pattern starts May 1