MADISON, Wis. - A 33-year-old was cited early Thursday after he fell asleep at the wheel and struck a pole, police said.
Madison police said the Madison man told officers he fell asleep at about 1:22 a.m. and his truck left the road, striking a utility pole.
The truck overturned in the road and the utility pole snapped off, according to the report.
MGE responded to repair the pole.
The parking lane for southbound Monroe Street in that area was blocked for several hours, police said. No injuries were reported.
The driver was cited on suspicion of inattentive driving.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry