MADISON, Wis. - A 33-year-old was cited early Thursday after he fell asleep at the wheel and struck a pole, police said.
Madison police said the Madison man told officers he fell asleep at about 1:22 a.m. and his truck left the road, striking a utility pole.
The truck overturned in the road and the utility pole snapped off, according to the report.
MGE responded to repair the pole.
The parking lane for southbound Monroe Street in that area was blocked for several hours, police said. No injuries were reported.
The driver was cited on suspicion of inattentive driving.
- Hundreds sign student-led petition to change Madison high school name
- High river level delays Rock Aqua Jays' opening performance
- Med Flight responds to one-vehicle crash in Fitchburg
- Custodian at Madison school resigns after allegedly punching parent
- Fish kill hits Traxler Park Lagoon in Janesville
- German delegation studies Madison College cyber security program