MADISON, Wis. - A 37-year-old faces a drunken driving charge in connection with an early morning crash that injured two others and broke apart the vehicle, police said.
Madison police said Ontario Lowery, 37, of La Crosse was cited Thursday on suspicion of operating a vehicle while intoxicated causing injury.
Officials said three people, including Lowery, were injured in an early morning crash on Madison's east side Wednesday.
The SUV crashed in the 4800 block of Hayes Road near the Perkins Restaurant just before 2 a.m. Wednesday, police said. The vehicle hit a tree and broke apart, with the engine block landing in the parking lot.
Madison police said Wednesday that speed also appeared to be a factor in the crash.
A 21-year-old La Crosse woman and a 22-year-old woman were both passengers in the vehicle and were injured, police said.
All three SUV occupants were taken to an area hospital. Their injuries didn't appear to be life-threatening, police said.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs