MADISON, Wis. - A 37-year-old faces a drunken driving charge in connection with an early morning crash that injured two others and broke apart the vehicle, police said.
Madison police said Ontario Lowery, 37, of La Crosse was cited Thursday on suspicion of operating a vehicle while intoxicated causing injury.
Officials said three people, including Lowery, were injured in an early morning crash on Madison's east side Wednesday.
The SUV crashed in the 4800 block of Hayes Road near the Perkins Restaurant just before 2 a.m. Wednesday, police said. The vehicle hit a tree and broke apart, with the engine block landing in the parking lot.
Madison police said Wednesday that speed also appeared to be a factor in the crash.
A 21-year-old La Crosse woman and a 22-year-old woman were both passengers in the vehicle and were injured, police said.
All three SUV occupants were taken to an area hospital. Their injuries didn't appear to be life-threatening, police said.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say