MADISON, Wis. - A bicyclist was struck and killed in a drunk driving crash in Beloit Saturday morning, according to a news release.
Beloit police arrested 29-year-old Brett R. Hundley, of Clinton, for homicide by intoxicated use of a vehicle after he allegedly struck and killed a man on a bicycle going eastbound in the 2600 block of Milwaukee Road around 1:50 a.m.
Police said a witness administered CPR to the victim. The bicyclist was transported to a local hospital, where he died shortly after arrival.
The Rock County Medical Examiner's Department identified the victim as 43-year-old Mario Esquivel-Flores, of Beloit. Preliminary autopsy results reveal his death was the result of injuries he sustained during the collision.
Investigators said Esquivel-Flores did not have any lights on his bicycle and was riding in the road when he was hit.
- New ‘Loan Ranger' book bike takes the library to the streets this summer
- Warrant: Sun Prairie homicide victim fired first shot
- Man ordered released from prison after 27 years remains in Dane County jail
- Former Giving Tree owner: 'I plan to make this right'
- Driver rescued after van gets stuck in Green Bay drawbridge
- Bicyclist injured in crash at busy west side intersection, officials say