TOWN OF SPRING GROVE, Wis. - An Illinois man was cited after deputies said he escaped a vehicle that crashed and landed upside down in five feet of water on Sunday.
Deputies were called to County Road T in the Town of Spring Grove at 6:36 a.m. for a report of a single vehicle crash. Brodhead Fire Water Rescue also responded to search for victims.
Investigators said Evan J. Murphy, 31, of Durand, Ill., was traveling south on County Road T when he entered the shoulder and lost control. The vehicle collided with the shoulder of Town Center Road, became airborne and landed upside down in a ditch full of water.
Murphy was injured and left the scene and was located at his home in Durand, according to deputies. He was cited on suspicion of failure to maintain control, operating while revoked and failure to notify police of a crash.
Donna M. Murphy, 61, of Davis, Ill., was cited on suspicion of knowingly assisting a person to flee from an accident scene. Deputies said she provided Evan Murphy with a ride from the crash scene.
- Man, woman caught selling stolen bike on Craigslist, police say
- Evers has $117,000 in bank for superintendent run
- Police: Teens try to open Madison girl's car door, flash gun at her
- Sonar scans help divers target Lake Erie plane crash search
- Suspected drunken driver hits car in oncoming lane, police say
- Teens say armed man asked them to get in car, police say