TOWN OF SPRING GROVE, Wis. - An Illinois man was cited after deputies said he escaped a vehicle that crashed and landed upside down in five feet of water on Sunday.
Deputies were called to County Road T in the Town of Spring Grove at 6:36 a.m. for a report of a single vehicle crash. Brodhead Fire Water Rescue also responded to search for victims.
Investigators said Evan J. Murphy, 31, of Durand, Ill., was traveling south on County Road T when he entered the shoulder and lost control. The vehicle collided with the shoulder of Town Center Road, became airborne and landed upside down in a ditch full of water.
Murphy was injured and left the scene and was located at his home in Durand, according to deputies. He was cited on suspicion of failure to maintain control, operating while revoked and failure to notify police of a crash.
Donna M. Murphy, 61, of Davis, Ill., was cited on suspicion of knowingly assisting a person to flee from an accident scene. Deputies said she provided Evan Murphy with a ride from the crash scene.
- Majority of Superior shipyard workers test positive for lead
- Law enforcement warns of dangerous, ice-covered roads
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out