TOWN OF SPRING GROVE, Wis. - An Illinois man was cited after deputies said he escaped a vehicle that crashed and landed upside down in five feet of water on Sunday.
Deputies were called to County Road T in the Town of Spring Grove at 6:36 a.m. for a report of a single vehicle crash. Brodhead Fire Water Rescue also responded to search for victims.
Investigators said Evan J. Murphy, 31, of Durand, Ill., was traveling south on County Road T when he entered the shoulder and lost control. The vehicle collided with the shoulder of Town Center Road, became airborne and landed upside down in a ditch full of water.
Murphy was injured and left the scene and was located at his home in Durand, according to deputies. He was cited on suspicion of failure to maintain control, operating while revoked and failure to notify police of a crash.
Donna M. Murphy, 61, of Davis, Ill., was cited on suspicion of knowingly assisting a person to flee from an accident scene. Deputies said she provided Evan Murphy with a ride from the crash scene.
- Appeal rejected in death of 2 Janesville motorcyclists
- Man accused in deadly wrong-way I-94 wreck not competent, judge says
- Woman inappropriately touched at dance class on UW campus, police say
- Black Hawk Middle School principal resigns
- Man who was high driving school bus sentenced
- Company says it has no plans for a new Wisconsin pipeline