BELOIT, Wis. - A Beloit man was killed in a rollover crash on Highway 81 in rural Rock County Monday morning, according to a release from the Rock County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to State Highway 81 near South Olson Road at 7:20 a.m. for a report of a single-vehicle crash.
Investigators said the 28-year-old driver was traveling west on Highway 81 approaching South Olson Road when his truck entered the gravel shoulder while negotiating a curve. The driver overcorrected, traveled across the eastbound land and entered the south ditch where the truck rolled.
The driver was ejected before the truck hit a tree, according to deputies.
The driver was found next to the truck and taken to Mercy Hospital and Trauma Center where he was pronounced dead from injuries sustained in the crash.
Deputies said wet road conditions might have been a factor in the crash. The man was not wearing his seat belt.
The Wisconsin State Patrol, Orfordville Fire Department and EMS and Beloit EMS assisted at the scene.
Highway 81 remained closed for an hour and a half during the cleanup and investigation.25194548
- Shirtless female toddler on splash pad sparks debate
- Teacher confesses to sex with student in classroom
- Madison police find bullet in apartment on Russett Road
- Madison police investigate shots fired, crash
- Madison police investigating armed robbery at Oakcrest Tavern
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam