MADISON, Wis. - A homeowner is left with an estimated $8,000 to $10,000 worth of damage after a car crashed into the front porch of her home just before 9 p.m. Friday night.
The Blooming Grove Fire Department and the Dane County Sheriff's Department responded to the crash at the corner Webb Avenue and Gannon Road.
Officials on the scene said the driver was being attacked by a passenger in the vehicle. The driver accelerated during the struggle and drove into the house.
The suspect fled the scene.
According to the Blooming Grove Fire chief, only one woman was injured in the crash. She was taken to UW hospital with minor injuries.
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land
- Victims chase suspected burglars with shovel
- Wisconsin school advocates pushing for more money
- Research indicates correct breast examination techniques are widely misunderstood
- Shell casings found downtown after shots fired call