MADISON, Wis. - A homeowner is left with an estimated $8,000 to $10,000 worth of damage after a car crashed into the front porch of her home just before 9 p.m. Friday night.
The Blooming Grove Fire Department and the Dane County Sheriff's Department responded to the crash at the corner Webb Avenue and Gannon Road.
Officials on the scene said the driver was being attacked by a passenger in the vehicle. The driver accelerated during the struggle and drove into the house.
The suspect fled the scene.
According to the Blooming Grove Fire chief, only one woman was injured in the crash. She was taken to UW hospital with minor injuries.
- Community supports boy fighting for his life
- Neighborhood initiative aims to diminish crime on Madison's east side
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program