TOWN OF JORDAN, Wis. - A Monroe man was charged with a second drunken-driving offense Friday after officials said he lost control while driving, hitting trees.
The Green County Sheriff's Department said deputies responded to the 7600 block of Smock Valley Road at 11:52 p.m. in Jordan Township for a vehicle in the ditch. According to the report, the vehicle was eastbound when it failed to negotiate a curve.
The vehicle went off the roadway and struck several trees, sustaining severe damage, the sheriff's department said. The airbags did not deploy. The driver was identified as 20-year-old Shaun M. Kelley.
Kelley was arrested on suspicion of second-offense operating while under the influence, cited on suspicion of failure to maintain control of a vehicle and failure to wear safety belt.
The sheriff's department said Kelley was not injured. The vehicle had to be towed from the scene.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns