MADISON, Wis. - Streets in downtown Madison will be closed Sunday for the annual Ride the Drive event, according to a release.
The 6-mile route will be closed to traffic from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., officials said. Traffic will be allowed to cross the route at several key intersections under police direction.
Streets that will be closed include the Capitol Square, State Street, Gilman Street, Frances Street, Dayton Street, Bedford Street, North Shore Drive, John Nolen Drive, Blair Street and the outbound lanes of East Washington Avenue.
- State at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- 15-year-old girl shot with BB gun at Elver Park
- Missing girl found in Fort Atkinson man's home; man faces federal kidnapping charges
- 2 seen fleeing scene of gunfire, crash, police say
- Prosecutor: Deputy was justified in shooting
- Man beaten, robbed outside apartment, police say