State transportation officials are reminding motorists Sturgeon Bay's Bayview Bridge will close next month for $4.8 million worth of repairs and upgrades.
The bridge is set to close to vehicular and pedestrian traffic on March 4. Traffic will be re-routed through Sturgeon Bay and drivers should expect delays.
The bridge opened in 1978. The last major repairs to it were done in 2004. The new project calls for structural steel repair and painting as well as electrical and machinery upgrades.
The bridge is scheduled to reopen by July.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls