State transportation officials are reminding motorists Sturgeon Bay's Bayview Bridge will close next month for $4.8 million worth of repairs and upgrades.
The bridge is set to close to vehicular and pedestrian traffic on March 4. Traffic will be re-routed through Sturgeon Bay and drivers should expect delays.
The bridge opened in 1978. The last major repairs to it were done in 2004. The new project calls for structural steel repair and painting as well as electrical and machinery upgrades.
The bridge is scheduled to reopen by July.
- Community supports boy fighting for his life
- Neighborhood initiative aims to diminish crime on Madison's east side
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program