MADISON, Wis. - The Wisconsin Department of Transportation Southwest Region said it will hold a public information meeting to preview replacement of the Highway 19 bridges at Token Creek in Dane County.
The meeting is scheduled from 5-7 p.m. on Wednesday at Windsor Elementary School, 4352 Windsor Road.
The project includes the replacement of two bridges on Highway 19 spanning Token Creek between the Highway 51 interchange and Portage Road. Both structures have exceeded their service life and require replacement, according to the DOT.
Work is scheduled to begin Sept. 9.
A news release Thursday said the Highway 19 closure is expected to begin the week of Sept. 16 but shouldn't last more than 45 days. The detour routes will utilize Highway 151 and Interstate 39/90/94. The project is expected to be complete in November, the DOT said.
The meeting will be an open house format.
State DOT representatives said the public is encouraged to attend the meeting, provide input and ask questions concerning the bridge project.
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement
- Uncertainty creates challenges for growth in manufacturing