MADISON, Wis. - The Dane County Domestic Abuse Intervention Services is releasing a new text line they hope will cut down on domestic violence situations.
"We hear that a lot from younger people about how they communicate with their family and friends through text primarily, and that they don't feel comfortable calling a traditional hotline," DAIS Executive Director Shannon Barry said.
The text line will be funded through a partnership with Dean and St. Mary's.
Officials said one in three teens will experience intimate partner violence.
Everyone who sends a text to the hotline will remain anonymous.
Anyone affected by domestic violence can text ‘HOPE' to 20121.
- Officers target seat belt use over holiday weekend
- Man sentenced for 13th drunken driving conviction
- Baby peregrine falcons banded in downtown La Crosse
- Pina and Braun leave Brewers-Diamondbacks game
- Trump budget upsets families hit by opioid addiction crisis
- Hundreds sign student-led petition to change Madison high school name