MADISON, Wis. - The Dane County Domestic Abuse Intervention Services is releasing a new text line they hope will cut down on domestic violence situations.
"We hear that a lot from younger people about how they communicate with their family and friends through text primarily, and that they don't feel comfortable calling a traditional hotline," DAIS Executive Director Shannon Barry said.
The text line will be funded through a partnership with Dean and St. Mary's.
Officials said one in three teens will experience intimate partner violence.
Everyone who sends a text to the hotline will remain anonymous.
Anyone affected by domestic violence can text ‘HOPE' to 20121.
- Attorney says officer 'hung out to dry' in settlement
- Lawmakers, group calling on governor to improve schools' drinking water
- Community reacts to Tony Robinson case settlement
- Capitol Petro shooter to spend 10 years in prison
- Former federal prison employee sentenced for bringing contraband to inmates
- DNA leads to Janesville arrest in 2000 rape case, police say