The Department of Justice announced it has filed criminal charges against two men suspected of operating a burglary ring in 12 counties.
The DOJ said the burglaries targeted individuals and businesses. The crimes included home invasions, false imprisonment and a shooting.
Daniel Frausto and Robert Miles are charged in several counties, including Fond du Lac, Oconto, Outagamie and Waupaca counties. Charges may also be filed in Dane County.
A DOJ spokeswoman said other investigations related to the case are ongoing and other suspects may be charged.
"We expect other charges to be brought," said spokeswoman Dana Brubeck.
The Department of Justice said the investigation is the result of an inquiry by the Winnebago County Sheriff's Department in cooperation with local law enforcement and state authorities.
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Warmer weather creates a bumpy ride for drivers
- 3 teens arrested in connection to several vandalism cases
- UW-Whitewater lowers flag for student killed in crash
- Man says Milwaukee sheriff Clarke detained him after run-in
- MPD asking for help finding 9-month-old