The Department of Justice announced it has filed criminal charges against two men suspected of operating a burglary ring in 12 counties.
The DOJ said the burglaries targeted individuals and businesses. The crimes included home invasions, false imprisonment and a shooting.
Daniel Frausto and Robert Miles are charged in several counties, including Fond du Lac, Oconto, Outagamie and Waupaca counties. Charges may also be filed in Dane County.
A DOJ spokeswoman said other investigations related to the case are ongoing and other suspects may be charged.
"We expect other charges to be brought," said spokeswoman Dana Brubeck.
The Department of Justice said the investigation is the result of an inquiry by the Winnebago County Sheriff's Department in cooperation with local law enforcement and state authorities.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says