ANTIGO, Wis. - Dog sled race coordinators are crossing their fingers for a cooperative Mother Nature come mid-January. A race is scheduled to take place in northern Wisconsin that could qualify some competitors for the international championship.
The Langlade County Culvers Trailblazer Challenge Sled Dog Races take place Jan. 12 and Jan. 13 in Antigo.
The event is a wild card qualification event for 2013 International Federation of Sled Dog Sports World Championship Race. Qualifying mushers and their teams could end up going to Alaska in March to represent the United States.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry