ANTIGO, Wis. - Dog sled race coordinators are crossing their fingers for a cooperative Mother Nature come mid-January. A race is scheduled to take place in northern Wisconsin that could qualify some competitors for the international championship.
The Langlade County Culvers Trailblazer Challenge Sled Dog Races take place Jan. 12 and Jan. 13 in Antigo.
The event is a wild card qualification event for 2013 International Federation of Sled Dog Sports World Championship Race. Qualifying mushers and their teams could end up going to Alaska in March to represent the United States.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say