ANTIGO, Wis. - Dog sled race coordinators are crossing their fingers for a cooperative Mother Nature come mid-January. A race is scheduled to take place in northern Wisconsin that could qualify some competitors for the international championship.
The Langlade County Culvers Trailblazer Challenge Sled Dog Races take place Jan. 12 and Jan. 13 in Antigo.
The event is a wild card qualification event for 2013 International Federation of Sled Dog Sports World Championship Race. Qualifying mushers and their teams could end up going to Alaska in March to represent the United States.
- Neighborhood initiative aims to diminish crime on Madison's east side
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program
- East side Walgreens robbed at gunpoint Sunday