MAUSTON, Wis. - A dog died after its involvement in a fight with another dog that prompted law enforcement to use a Taser on it, according to a news release from the Mauston Police Department.
Police were called about 4 p.m. Saturday to the area of Lincoln Street on a report of a dog attack in progress.
Officers said the dogs were still attacking one another when they arrived. They tried to use pepper spray, but it failed to stop the attack. An officer tried to strike the attacking dog with a Taser but missed. The dog was struck during a second attempt.
The owner of the other dog was able to remove the dog from the pole to which it was tied, police said. Officers said they tried to secure the attacking dog in a kennel, but the dog died.
The complainant's dog was taken to the Middleton area for treatment of serious injuries.
The incident remains under investigation.
- Wisconsin River flooding causes road closure
- Dickeyville police looking for assault suspect
- Man suffers leg injuries after being hit by snowplow
- Hundreds pack tribute to 'Funky Drummer' Clyde Stubblefield
- Wisconsin troopers not wearing name tags in North Dakota
- Lawmakers push for hemp comeback in Wisconsin