MADISON, Wis. - Dane County Sheriff's Department said a 54-year-old man was killed at Wick Buildings Wednesday morning when a load of trusses collapsed on him.
Deputies and paramedics were called to Wick Buildings at 341 Walter Rd. in Mazomanie, at about 8:45 a.m. for a workplace accident. The sheriff's department said the victim was moving trusses -- architectural frames used in constructing buildings -- onto a flatbed trailer when the structures collapsed on him.
EMS attempted lifesaving measures but the man's injuries were too severe and he died at the scene, according to the report.
The man's name will be released once his family has been notified, authorities said.
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration is investigating the workplace accident.
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart