MADISON, Wis. - Dane County Sheriff's Department said a 54-year-old man was killed at Wick Buildings Wednesday morning when a load of trusses collapsed on him.
Deputies and paramedics were called to Wick Buildings at 341 Walter Rd. in Mazomanie, at about 8:45 a.m. for a workplace accident. The sheriff's department said the victim was moving trusses -- architectural frames used in constructing buildings -- onto a flatbed trailer when the structures collapsed on him.
EMS attempted lifesaving measures but the man's injuries were too severe and he died at the scene, according to the report.
The man's name will be released once his family has been notified, authorities said.
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration is investigating the workplace accident.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry