The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources is taking public comment on a plan to rebuild a portion of transmission line along a state trail.
Xcel Energy wants to rebuild eight miles of an transmission line between Jim Falls and Lake Wissota. Six miles of the line runs parallel with the Old Abe State Trial. The reconstruction project calls for taller poles about 15 feet closer to the trail.
The utility is negotiating with the DNR for an easement along the trail. Agency officials say they don't anticipate any significant adverse environmental effects.
The DNR will take written and email comments through Feb. 12.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say