MADISON, Wis. - The state Department of Natural Resources is urging ice fishing tournament organizers to apply for 2013 permits soon.
The agency said organizers must apply at least 30 days before their event. Organizers must obtain a permit for events involving 100 or more participants, events that target any trout species on waters classified as trout streams, the total price is $10,000 or more, the tournament is catch-hold-and-release or participants can cull bass.
The DNR received 114 ice fishing tournament applications in 2012. The agency has received 69 applications so far for 2013 events.
Application forms are available on the DNR's website.
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say
- Local musician, drum instructor charged with possession of child porn