MADISON, Wis. - The state Department of Natural Resources is urging ice fishing tournament organizers to apply for 2013 permits soon.
The agency said organizers must apply at least 30 days before their event. Organizers must obtain a permit for events involving 100 or more participants, events that target any trout species on waters classified as trout streams, the total price is $10,000 or more, the tournament is catch-hold-and-release or participants can cull bass.
The DNR received 114 ice fishing tournament applications in 2012. The agency has received 69 applications so far for 2013 events.
Application forms are available on the DNR's website.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls