MADISON, Wis. - Wisconsin wildlife officials are reminding disabled hunters planning to participate in a special fall deer hunt to find sponsors by the end of August.
The Department of Natural Resources plans to hold its annual deer hunt for the disabled from Oct. 5 through Oct. 13. Hunters must sign up with a sponsor by Sept. 1 to participate.
Sponsors can be property owners willing to allow disabled hunters on their land or anyone willing to secure permission from a landowner to let a disabled hunter onto his or her property.
Hunters can find a list of sponsors on the DNR's website.
- Pedestrian killed in Walworth County crash
- Thousands participate in Madison March for Science
- Friends, family send off 85 National Guard members
- Body pulled out of Kinnickinnic River in Milwaukee
- Signs go up in Racine marking Frank Lloyd Wright Trail
- DNR: Alcohol may be involved in Lake Wisconsin boat crash