MADISON, Wis. - Wisconsin wildlife officials are reminding disabled hunters planning to participate in a special fall deer hunt to find sponsors by the end of August.
The Department of Natural Resources plans to hold its annual deer hunt for the disabled from Oct. 5 through Oct. 13. Hunters must sign up with a sponsor by Sept. 1 to participate.
Sponsors can be property owners willing to allow disabled hunters on their land or anyone willing to secure permission from a landowner to let a disabled hunter onto his or her property.
Hunters can find a list of sponsors on the DNR's website.
- East Madison fire displaces family of 3
- Woman dies in Richland County crash
- Consumer Reports: Does your child need dorm insurance?
- Former Sauk Prairie police officer pleads guilty to misconduct
- Study shows large preparation gap in Wisconsin kindergartners
- Trio arrested after estimated $45,000 of substances found during traffic stop, police say